The College of Ecotechnology and Engineering was created in 2010 as part of the grand Reorganization Plan of the University.
The College was formed after the reorganization of the College of Metallurgy, Ecology and Quality and the College of Technology of Materials.
The College is committed to provide qualifications, practical and theoretical skills, to future experts in energy-efficient, competitive, and environmentally friendly processes of production of metals, alloys, and composite materials with brand-new, cutting-edge functional properties that will allow creating new products to serve for the best of our life. We also offer programmes in industrial operations management and in industrial quality assessment and control.
The College offers new extensive and challenging programmes in Economics, Management, Entrepreneurship and Banking, Ecology and Energy-efficiency, and also Law in the major subject. The Departments and Research Labs of the College have modern cutting-edge computer and equipment facilities necessary for the successful acquisition of disciplinary and practical skills.
Our alumni are greatly sought after by metallurgical giants in Russia and beyond its borders, by research and development centres and labs, by a broad range of international companies all across Russia and other CIS countries. Students applying to our College will enjoy an interesting students’ life, participating in academic, research, and social events supported by the College.
The College sustains a long-term academic and research partnership with leading European institutes and universities. Especially talented students are given an opportunity to pursue their studies in several international institutions, including Freiberg Mining Academy and Rhenish-Westphalian Technical University in Germany, and the National Polytechnic Institute of Lorraine in France within the joint degree initiatives.
The College is committed to recognize and meet our students’ individual expectations.
The College of Ecotechnology and Engineering offers the following bachelor’s degree programmes:
- Metallurgy of Ferrous Metals
- Physical Metallurgy of Non-ferrous, Rare-earth, and Noble Metals
- Thermal Physics in Metallurgy
- Foundry Technology
- Physical Metallurgy of Non-ferrous, Rare-earth, and Precious Metals
- Pressure Metal and Alloy Treatment
- Mineral Raw Materials Technology
- Functional Materials and Coatings
- Metallurgy of Technogenic and Secondary Resources
- Raw Materials and Metals on the World Market
- Tube Production Technology
- Quality Control
151000 Technological Machinery and Equipment
- Hydraulic Systems of Technological Equipment
- Equipment and Machinery in Metallurgy
- Engineering of Technological Equipment
- Tubular Machinery
- Metal Pressure Treatment Machinery
220400 Management in Technology
221400 Quality Control
221700 Standardization and Metrology
261400 Metal Treatment Artistic Techniques
280700 Technosphere Safety
- Environment Protection
- Technology Safety
Our teaching staff members are currently designing programmes in Powder Materials and Innovative Materials.
The list of Departments the College houses:
- Department of Non-ferrous Metals
- Department of Extraction and Recycling of Ferrous Metals
- Department of Metallurgy of Steel and Ferroalloys
- Department of Extraction of Non-ferrous and Rare-earth Metals
- Department of Non-ferrous Metals and Gold
- Department of Powder Metallurgy and Functional Coatings
- Department of Certification and Analytical Control
- Department of Manufacturing Engineering
- Department of Thermal Physics and Ecology in Metallurgy
- Department of Plastic Deformation of Special Alloys
- Department of Casting Technology
- Department of Tube Production Technology
- Department of Technosphere Safety
Please don’t hesitate to ask us questions, we will be glad to help you find the best programme to meet your interests and professional and academic expectations.