Institute for Quality in Higher Education was established in February 2011 on the basis State Scientific Institution "Research Center for Problems of Training Quality" which had existed since 1986.
- Eugene Szhyonov
- National University of Science and Technology "MISIS" President, professor
Acting Director of the Institute of Higher Education Quality (IKVO), MISiS
President of IACE, Member of the Commission of the Russian Ministry for the Development of CPE
Objectives of IKVO:
- Meet the needs of the national high school in the conduct and coordination of systematic research, design and implementation works on topical issues of the quality of education;
- Provide the lifelong learning, including training of the teaching staff and managers of vocational education in Russia;
- Ensure the dissemination in the national high school of excellence of MISiS educational and methodical work and other leading universities in addressing the key issues to improve the quality of higher education.
Main Paths of Activities:
- Implementation of innovative training programs and workshops for the educational community with the participation of leading Russian and world experts in the fields of vocational education and heads of federal executive bodies
- Performance of research and design work in the field of quality in higher education within the framework of federal and departmental programs
- Retraining and professional management and scientific-pedagogical personnel of higher schools on topical issues of quality in higher education
- Training and certification of highly qualified scientific personnel in the field of education
- Organizational and methodical, coordination, information and publishing activities.