The course provides students with an extensive academic grounding in intercultural business communication and equips them with the negotiation skills that multinationals are seeking. To get the most from intercultural communication in business students need a deep knowledge of culture systems and its applications in different environment. This is a dynamic course examining and exploring cultural trends in public relations practices. Alongside traditional assessment methods, students will participate in role plays and work creatively by making a project.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Cultural identity and intercultural communication (4 hours)
- cultural identity in professional communication
- intercultural communication and the phenomenon of the “third culture”
- Business negotiations in terms of intercultural communication (6 hours)
- business communication in terms of the theory of high and low context cultures
- cultural profile of different countries of Europe, Asia and Americas
- the principles and techniques of business negations in terms of intercultural communication
- Intercultural public relations (10 hours)
- culture, diversity and public relations
- communication with multicultural target publics
- internal public relations in terms of intercultural communication
Homework will be assigned weekly. You will be expected to study the books from the reading list and to analyze various cases. You will also have to write a test, participate in a role play and prepare a project on intercultural public relations.