This two-year master's program in English devoted to research in the field of innovative software systems. The program offers a systematic training in the design, development and application of innovative software systems in various spheres of human activity. Such software can interact with various objects, structures, tools, etc. used in human economic activity, and in any area - from financial, social institutions and to the field of mechanical engineering, electronics and others. After the master degree, our highly qualified specialists will be able to apply their skills in research, production sphere, in the sphere of management, etc. Graduates are in demand in various industries: banking, engineering production, research laboratories, medical centers, IT companies in the sector, and others.
The curriculum is a block of disciplines, aimed at getting both theoretical knowledge from different areas, and a large amount of practical training. The theoretical part includes training in the field of economics, modern means of analysis, design, management and control of a variety of complex systems which are modern innovative software systems. The practical component of the training program provides students the skills to develop modern information and software innovator. It also touched on the intellectualization systems. Various subjects of the curriculum will affect issues such as the design of the development of software systems, and issues related to the economy of such applications. Innovative software systems based not only on advanced mathematical models (they devoted several disciplines), but also on modern methods of human-computer communication (this issue also received attention in a separate discipline).
All the teachers leading the discipline are highly qualified, have a degree of not less than PhD and have extensive practical experience in their field.
In the educational process are used modern technologies and learning tools. Modern computer lab, multimedia lecture halls, classrooms for 3D modeling, unlimited access to a digital library, modern E-Learning and distance learning technology used in the course of development of the program will help to successfully master this master's program.
The Master program is designed and implemented in accordance with the federal state educational standards of higher education in the field of training 04/09/01 Computer Science and Engineering.
For the development of culture in general, of general and professional competencies in NUST "MISA" created all favorable conditions.
Below on this page you'll find information about:
To be admitted as a regular graduate student to a two-year Master's program at MISiS, an applicant must have earned a bachelor's degree or its equivalent. Applicants, who have a history (a list of) of publications or conference presentations dedicated to information technology and applied mathematics, shall receive priority consideration.
Knowledge assessment is comprised of a written exam and an interview with professor Alexander Gorbatov (head of the program). The admission testing is based on the qualification requirements for Bachelors in the expanded group of Computer Science and Computing Technology.
Applicant must follow the general procedure outlined . The deadline to submit the application for Fall 2016 is 1 August 2016.
A limited number of grants are provided. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is 1 April 2016.
Theoretical and practical courses provide competence from different areas: the economy, programming, software engineering, mathematics, computer graphics and others.
Graduates of the program will have the following competencies:
- ability to generate demand for innovative software systems;
- the ability to comprehensively investigate and assess innovative software systems, including projected;
- the ability to use modern methods of designing and developing innovative software systems;
- the ability to use the technology of IT projects;
- the ability to describe the economic factors of development of software systems;
- the ability to design, develop, modernize and use advanced database;
- the ability to use modern means of object-oriented application development;
- ability to analyze and use the operating environment for innovative software systems;
- ability to introduce elements of artificial intelligence in the innovative software system;
- the ability to research and develop software for software systems;
- the ability to develop human-computer interfaces based on modern computer graphics.
For the successful development of the program, students must successfully complete 120 credit hours, including 48 credits of courses, 42 credits for scientific research and 30 credits for the final exams and defense of thesis. Each semester, you must successfully complete 30 credits. For a semester-by-semester breakdown of the course plan and course descriptions, please see .
Upon completion of the degree requirements, the graduate will receive a Russian State Diploma and a European Diploma Supplement.
General information about the curriculum
The Master's degree program provides fundamental knowledge of the mathematical methods, artificial intelligence techniques and modern information technologies used to create and develop innovative software systems.
The curriculum of the Master's program focuses on the courses that are essential for the profession:
- Modern Methods of Structural Characterization of Micro- and Nano-Systems
- Formulation of Requirements and Scope Definition for Innovative Information Systems
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Development. Pattern Development
- Technology and Materials of Quantum Electronics
- Computer-Aided Design of Software Systems
- Databases and Data Warehouses
- Tensor Method of Complex Systems Network Models
- Management of Quality
- Operating Environment Innovative Software Systems
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Web-Services and Saas-Services Design and Development
Degree Requirements at a Glance
|Degree Requirements ||Credits ECTS |
|Required classes ||63 |
|Independent study research course ||27 |
|Thesis ||30 |
|Total: ||120 |