Inspired by the works of Professor A.A. Abrikosov, the Nobel Prize winner, who held the Chair of the Department of Theoretical Physics from 1975 to 1990, we train students for a scientific research in the following areas:
- Collective phenomena in quantum
- Macroscopic quantum phenomena
- Physics of resonant-tunneling structures and quantum wells
- Physical properties of biomembranes and lipid-protein interactions
- Quantum field theory
- Superconducting metamaterials
- Syntesis laboratory
- Syntesis and study of physical properties of multiferroic thin films
- Modelling and development of new materials
Our vision is that industry of the XXI century would be based on quantum mechanics — hence "quantum technlogies" in the title of the department.
Below on this page you'll find information about:
English Language Master Program
In the summer of 2014 we launched English version of successful Russian-language master program "Physics of nanosystems" which is active since 2008. In this program the subjects are tought by the leaders of research groups (see above).
The deadline for an application in this year is 12 May of 2015. For more information please visit page of the master program.
Here's a list of some of our alumni: